Thursday, June 12, 2014

Disney Photo of the Day #7: Beast's Castle

Ahh, New Fantasyland at sunset. I'm in love with NF because of how immersed you are. I love how as opposed to Fantasyland, where there is a blend of many different movies all under the same medieval/European theme, each movie has a larger themed area. Like Beauty and the Beast- it has the village, Belle's cottage, and the castle is off in the distance. I could spend hours just sitting around taking in the scenery here. And drinking one too many Lefou's Brews, of course.

Fun fact: The Beast's castle is quite small actually. The Imagineers are using forced perspective here to make it appear as if it's off in the distance, so a) when you're hanging around in the town village the castle isn't looming right in front of you, since that would be inaccurate to the movie, and b) it doesn't compete with the Cinderella Castle for your attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment